POSITION: FINANACE ADMINISTRATOR. This position will be closing on June 26, 2023.
May 23, 2023
POSITION: ADMINISTRATOR TECHNICIAN-FINANCE: ATF Exempt Accountable to: Reports to the GM
Primary Objective of Position:
The Administrative Technician-Finance will perform a wide variety of financial, administrative support, and bookkeeping duties.
Essential Job Functions:
The ATF must:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, and government accounting.
- Possess time management skills essential to all office functions.
- Be bondable, and capable of maintaining customer and employee confidentiality.
- Can lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, and operate a computer for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for performing all accounting activities.
- Perform or manage all accounting activities, including accounting records entries, maintenance, accounts payable and receivable work, and monthly and annual account reconciliations.
- Accounting records entries, maintenance, and reconciliation
- Manage and maintain ﬁnancial records, both paper and digital
- Prepare monthly Oversight packet for Board consideration.
- Prepare annual AFRs, CGR submittals or other administrative reporting as required.
- Receive and process bill payments; coordinate with the Office Manager for support on third-party damage claims; track billable expenses for developers or other entities; create and track invoices for the same.
- Receiving and processing bill payments in a timely manner
- Provide support for Payroll functions performed by outside firm.
- Assist in the management annual audits, including any federal audits required.
- Provide financial information as requested for annual budget preparation and monthly updates, rate, and fee reviews.
- Coordinates with OM for support on third-party damage claims, prepare third-party bills for services.
- Responsible for all aspects of the District’s investment portfolio, including renewals of CD or other ﬁnancial instruments in compliance with applicable Board policies.
- Copy-edit or provide drafting support for District correspondence or policies as requested.
- Other support as requested by the GM, AGM and OM
- Applicants for this position must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- They must be highly motivated, creative, organized, and comfortable multi-tasking. As the Office Assistant will be interacting with customers daily, applicants must be adept at working with the public.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- 2 plus years of business accounting experience required with an additional vocational or college accounting certificate or equivalent experience.
- Required computer skills include proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with project, work management, and customer billing software.
- Applicants must be comfortable with computers and technology, able both to learn new programs rapidly and problem-solve.
- Experience working with an entity providing utility services is preferred.
- Applicant must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License
- A High School degree or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a Non-DOT Drug test.
This Job Description is intended to fully cover the position but may not contain an exhaustive listing of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and/or employee, or requirements of the job change.